Gray & Pape’s team of heritage professionals provide a diverse range of international and domestic cultural heritage services to complement our traditional domestic cultural resources management offerings. Our cultural heritage support to our clients includes provision of best management solutions prior to implementation of strict regulatory requirements; cultural heritage desktop assessments and mapping to minimize regulatory, reputational, and material risks; expert support for Native American consultation; public engagement; and incorporation of management of cultural heritage resources into domestic and international impact assessments.
- Advice on scopes of work, budgeting, and staffing of cultural heritage projects
- Desktop studies, risk assessments, and predictive modeling
- Incorporation of cultural heritage into domestic (NEPA) and international (ESIA, EIA) impact assessments
- Provision of Cultural Heritage Management Plans (CHMP) and incorporation of cultural heritage management into environmental and social management plans
- Preparation of Chance Finds Procedures (CFPs) and management of archaeological monitoring or watching brief programs.
- Integration of cultural heritage into corporate social responsibility (CSR) activities
- Stakeholder engagement and consultation with regulators/national authorities, local experts, and Indigenous Peoples
- Cultural heritage baseline surveys, resource evaluation, and site mitigation to obtain approvals from relevant authorities
- GIS data management of cultural heritage resources
- Incorporation of specialty heritage studies (remote sensing, maritime cultural heritage surveys, historic structures assessments) into impact assessments