Gray & Pape’s historians, architectural historians, and historic preservation professionals provide a full suite of cultural resources and historic preservation services. The staff routinely complete the full range of Section 106 consultation, from identification of historic properties, to assessment of effects and development and implementation of mitigation measures. Non-regulatory services encompass a broad range, from detailed archival research in support of litigation, to statewide historic contexts and publications. The history/architecture group has particular expertise in Section 106 consultation, industrial and engineering resources, modern architecture, and cultural landscapes. All key staff exceed the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional Qualification Standards.
Select services include:
- Section 106 consultation history/architecture surveys
- Agency and consulting party coordination
- NEPA coordination
- National Register nominations
- Historic American Buildings Survey (HABS) and Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) documentation
- Historic context development
- Cultural landscape reports
- Historic resource studies
- Archival research
- Public interpretation
- Litigation support
- Viewshed analysis
- Historic preservation tax credit consultation
- Scholarly publications.